Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

While I Was Blogging (or Ainsley Loves the Vacuum)

So, while I was working on the previous post, Xander was napping and Ainsley, who previously feared the vacuum with the tenacity of Satchel from Get Fuzzy, decided that she now loves the vacuum. She's been pushing it all over the house painting it with her paint brush, giving it hugs, dancing with it.  
"My vacuum!" she says.  "Want my vacuum in upstairs." 
[I pretend I don't hear her.] "Mommy, want my vacuum in upstairs." 
"No, you aren't going upstairs by yourself with the vacuum."
"I say please!"

So, she decides that she's going to go into Xander's room.  I find her in there throwing stuffed animals into bed with Xander, who she's woken from his nap.  You know that scene in Labyrinth when Sarah has eaten the poisoned apple thing and she goes into "her room" with that weird trash hoarding puppet & the puppet tries to turn Sarah into a trash hoarder like her? That's what I think Ainsley was doing to Xander.  "You don't have nearly enough babies, Xander."

Anyway, I ended up having to get him up...and this is what I find in the living room after refilling my coffee.

She was adamant that Xander
have all the pieces.

No comments: