Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ainsley Rediscovers Her Tent

I had to promise her candy to
get her to peek her head out for a pic.
Now that Xander is mobile, Ainsley finds herself in a constant state of alert.  If he actually catches her, she goes insane and hits and punches him.  At one point, she hit him with a Strawberry Shortcake lunch box.

So, in attempt to protect him and prevent her from spending the next six months in the chair being punished with a tanned bottom, I've pulled out the tent that Aunt Jill and Uncle Joe bought her for Christmas last year.

This tent sat out for months after Christmas last year, and Ainsley showed little interest in it.  Now, however, it is the most awesome thing in the world.  I've positioned it in the basement behind my chair and put up a wall of chairs and toys to keep Xander out.  Miss A now spends her evenings playing in the tent.

The first night that I got it out for her, upon seeing her tent: *GASP* "TENT!"

She grabbed her picnic basket and stayed inside until it was bedtime.  Right after going inside, Xander started throwing a fit because he wanted a toy he couldn't get.  From the tent, I heard, "What's going on out there?"

"Xander is angry," I replied.

"OK. I in my tent."

Things Heard from the Tent
  • Awww what's wrong? Want hugs and kisses? (Presumably to an upset baby...)
  • That's gross! (I have no idea what that one's about.)

    No comments: