Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Santa Party 2011!

Sitting with Faith while
Santa tells his story
This year, we went to the Santa party with great excitement. I've been talking to A for the past few weeks about Santa. She's been telling me was she was going to ask him to bring her. We were so excited to go hang out with him.

Xander listening to Santa
When we got to Karen's Ainsley latched onto Faith and pretty much stuck with her.  When Santa arrived, we got to hear the story of the stockings. Xander was excited about seeing Santa; I think it was the big, red suit. But he ended up getting pretty restless, so we let him crawl around. Santa pointed out that Ainsley was being a good big sister this year, that she was working on potty training, and that she loves the zoo.  He also knew that Xander loves to watch Sesame Street and is learning to talk. Ainsley was appropriately amazed that Santa knew so much...

Lounging on Santa
When it was Ainsley's turn to sit on Santa's lap, she was very willing to get onto Santa's lap. I didn't hear her tell Santa what she wanted or hear what she said at all. I was too busy trying to snap a picture. She was being quite hilarious, lounging on Santa like he was her grandpa.

*side note* Later when I asked her what she'd told Santa, she said, "Nothing. I didn't talk to him." When I asked her why, she said, "I had candy." (Mrs. Claus always gives the kids candy.) So, we've decided to write him a letter.

Desperately trying to
escape Santa
Xander was less amenable to hanging out with Santa. It was all I could do to get Xander into Santa's lap and snap the picture before he was on the run again. I should be happy though that he didn't scream his fool head off...

My favorite part of the visit with Santa is that I got to do it with friends in the comfort of Karen's house rather than the company of strangers in the mall.



Faith, Harper, and Ainsley
chill with Santa and Mrs. Claus


No comments: