Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Flattery Will Get You Everywhere, Kid

Since I've been on break and Star Wars: Old Republic came out, we've been pretty lazy about, well, everything.

Tonight, I made breakfast for dinner because 1) it's easy, 2) we forgot to thaw stuff earlier in the day, and 3) neither of us wanted to go to the store.

So, I made some scrambled eggs, hash browns, and toast. Ainsley and I also shared an avocado. The XX Stewarts LOVE the avocado, the XY Stewarts, not so much.

*side note* Ms. A has spent most of the break exhibiting her finest 3 year-old biploar disorder, more commonly referred to as being a toddler. Mommy has had more drinks this break than normal; this only confirms for me that I chose my husband wisely as, I've sung his praises before and I'll do it again, he is infinitely more patient than I.

ANYWAY, she was, once again, giving me grief about coming downstairs to eat dinner for no reason whatsoever. Once I finally got her downstairs and in front of her dinner. She sat down, surveyed the plate, took a bite of avocado, and declared: "This is the best dinner EVER, Mommy." It was, admittedly, cute and likely bought her another hour or two of grace.

Since Sean was playing Star Wars, I had to make sure he heard her declaration. Me: "Did you hear that?!"

Sean, to Ainsley, quite generously I may add: "Yes, Mommy is a good cook."

Ainsley, without missing a beat: "Mommy is a CHEF."

Indeed, child. You have just bought yourself the rest of the break with that one.

No comments: