Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

"I Say Please"

This morning, Ainsley and I were working it to Just Dance 2.  Sean came down and because it was time for some Daddy Alone Time, I had to bribe Ainsley upstairs with a marshmallow heart.  That's right, I'm not above bribery. Shut up...like you are.

Dump trucks are awesome.
Anyway, we got up here, put on the DirecTv dance channel or as I described it to Ainsley "Wii in the Olden Days," and Ainsley danced while eating her marshmallow heart.  By the way, I've decided that marshmallow peep products are awesomely perfect sweet treats for her. Small, sweet, varied in shape/color: so far she's had marshmallow trees, marshmallow chocolate bears, marshmallow I <3 Us, and now marshmallow hearts.  Easter is going to be AWESOME.

Once she finished her heart, she came over and said, "Want nother marshmallow heart."

"No, you've had your treat.  You may have another after dinner or maybe after lunch."

She furled her brow for a second, then the lightbulb went off, "Please."

"No, sweetie, just because you say please--"

"PLEASE!"

"No, sweetie, please doesn't always get you what you want."

"I say please," at this point, she's just annoyed.

"Not now, baby."

At this point, she thrusts out her bottom lip and gives me an amazingly pathetic face.

"Why don't you play with Xander's dump truck instead?"

"OK!" and off she trots.  The allure of playing with one of Xander's toy is enough to quell the sugar beasts.  For now.

No comments: