Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ainsley: "I Done Bed."

I've mentioned Ainsley's meticulous nature before...her kiddie OCD.  She likes to line things up, put things in groups, and organize things in general.

Kate and A in January 2009
Lately, she's been stepping up her game.  The hat that Xander is wearing is actually Ainsley's.  My girlfriend Kate Freeland made it for her. Ainsley loved to wear that hat. She wore it and wore it until the spirally tassels on it fell off. I tied them back on a gazillion times.  Finally she grew enough that it didn't fit her head anymore.  So, being a good Momma, I commissioned another funky hat from Grandma Parker.
"Match"
The arrival of the new hat was very exciting for Ms. A. What I didn't expect was that she'd still need the old had to be used.  The other day, Xander was in his chair eating puffs.  She put on her new hat, brought me the old one and said, "Xander. On."  When I asked her if she wanted them to match, she smiled and said, "MATCH!'  I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of the two of them...but here you go. Ainsley and Xander: Lined Up.
This Tuesday while I was working on a project for one of my classes, Ainsley and Xander were playing in Ainsley's room.  Well, Ainsley was lining things up--ponies and popit people, to be specific.  What I find interesting is how she's pulled the shelving boxes out of the shelf to create a storage unit for the lined up ponies. Notice how proud she is of the lined up stuff.
Of course, no bout of playing is complete without Xander RUINING IT! Another toy that Ms. A loves is her Pooh puzzle--my mom brought this for her a while ago, and she just can't get enough of it.  She's actually big into puzzles right now as a whole. Of course by looking at the picture, you can see that she's not too keen on an actual picture.  She just likes putting the pieces together.  Xander, by the mere act of crawling toward the pieces, destroyed everything!

Today, however, is what made me realize that the blog needed a posting.  Ainsley fought nap today--as she does most days.  According to Ainsley, napping is for suckers and losers.  She'll fight nap with her DYING BREATH.  We often have to go in there and put her clothes back on her (NAKED is awesome, btw) or settle her down.  As much as she hates bed and nap, she also must be encased in babies--and she knows each and every one--if one is missing, she'll scream nonstop, the Rocky to whatever toy's Stella: "PPPPEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGUUUUIIIIINNNN!!!!"

As I was saying, today, she started getting adamant about being done with bed.  I went into her room to find that she'd started cleaning up her bed...and lining up her babies.  Please to enjoy "Ainsley: I Done Bed."


Also, apparently, Sean had told her that after her nap, she could have ice cream.  Guess who didn't forget that little nugget?

For those of you without sound or if the sound is bad (this was taken with my phone, which is old and not the best quality), the transcript is below:


Me: What are you?
Ainsley: Over there?
M: You put the Christmas book over there, I see that. What else?
A: I put these down there.
M: Are you done?
A: I done bed. I done bed! I DONE BED! I done bed! I DONE! BED! I done bed! I done bed! I hungee now! I hungry! Want some ice cream! There's my Christmas book.

No comments: