Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

All Toddlers Are Bipolar

The Highs


Frosting requires
concentration
Today, while we were playing with Donut Maker on the iPad, I was frosting the donut while Ainsley watched. As I frosted, Ainsley said to me, "That's very good, Mommy. I'm proud of you!" Then she hugged me. It was so sweet, it almost gave me diabetes.

The Lows

Of course, not 20 minutes later, when it was time to go to bed, she protested. She tried to seek refuge in Sean. When I took her from Sean, she squealed and protested like crazy. Then she tried to bite my face. Holy HELL, Momma was furious! I told her that she wasn't going to be having Yum Yums for her treat tonight.

Then came the drama of the fit throwing because of no Yum Yums. Then came the apology for the almost bite.

Ainsley: But I want Yum Yums!

Me: I told you that you won't be having Yum Yums tonight because you tried to bite my face and that's not acceptable behavior.

Ainsley: Well, I'm SORRY!


Me: Thank you for saying sorry. I'm very glad you are, and I forgive you. Let's have some hugs.

Ainsley: So, I can have Yum Yums?

Me: No, sweetie.

Rinse repeat for about 15 minutes.

Not giving that kid Yum Yums was both very easy and very hard.

No comments: