Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Bath Toy=Imagination Station

My mom bought Xander this bath toy for Easter. It's pretty awesome--it's battery operated and pours bath water up through a faucet. It has these little cups for the kids to play with.  Way cooler than any bath toy we ever had.

*sidenote* I remember taking LONG baths with my sisters as children. I remember getting water everywhere so badly that we rotted out the floor and the maintenance guy had to come replace it.  I also only remember one bath game: Bar.  I was the bartender and sat near the faucet.  I would clean out the lids of all the soaps/shampoos/etc. and fill them with water. I'd then slide them down the edge of the bath to Jill and Jesse who would do "shots."  We were 11, 4, and 2 at the time. WTF.

Anyway, Ainsley and Xander LOVED the new bath toy. As is our way, we took a Momma/Babies bath. When we're done, I'll get out and take Xander to get dressed. At this point, Ainsley gets to play by herself. As I was dealing with , I heard her talking to the bath toy.  Since I'm not in the room with her, I normally will talk to her (cause I'm paranoid and afraid she'll drown. SHUT UP.).

Me: Whatcha doin?
Ainsley: I making coffee!
Me: What?!

So I walk in there and I see her using the faucet like a little barista and making herself a coffee.  I admit, I've taken her to a coffee house a few times.  She sees me drink coffee every morning, but this...too funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, A knows coffee because she's been a coffee house. Then where the hell did you go to learn "Bar" and about shots? RENEE!!! lol

Erica said...

Yesterday after Alex finished his bottle in our bed, I asked if he wanted to get up. He nodded yes, then said to me "Coffee?"

Jenn Stewart said...

@Ronda: Well, Mom was a bartender, so yeah, I'd been in a bar!

@Erica: That's hilarious and we're ridiculously predictable.